Saturday 5 September 2009

Happy Birthday Luke !!





















This is for Amanda's son Luke who turned 6 on Friday. I got a bit carried away and decorated all sides of the card and used 2 whole sheets of 12x12 (this is a first for me!!). I couldn't resist using my good old chipboard numbers, I always like to put ages on childrens cards. The poem reads :


When I was one,I had just begun.
When I was two,I was nearly new.
When I was three,I was hardly me.
When I was four,I was not much more.
When I was five,I was just alive.
But now I am six,I'm as clever as clever.
So I think I'll be sixnow and forever.
A.A Milne

I've used October Afternoon Night Light and Core'dinations. The stamp is Kilo Watt by Stamping Bella. I really enjoyed making this one, however it did take rather a long time as I made the mistake of getting my card making stuff out whilst my one year old was in the room - BIG mistake !! He took a fancy to poor little Kilo (he was nearly a gonner at one point!).


Thanks for looking!

xx



P.S Does anybody know how to work blogger ??? It will not add my pictures in the right order and my posts never look like the way I typed them out (it add huge spaces everywhere!)




























2 comments:

Rach said...

this is a wonderful card, brilliant job. hugs rachxx

Leann said...

Oooooooh, this is so, so sweet! Love that li'l robot & the Milne quote's long been a fave {although my littlest decided afew days ago that four is actually the best age to be!}
Hugs x