Sunday 19 June 2011

Happy Father's Day!

Good Evening!

Hope you've had a nice Father's Day!

I've had a great weekend, yesterday we took Ben to the Grand Theatre to see Thomas the Tank. It was much better than I thought it was going to be and Ben really enjoyed it. Today we went on a steam train ride with the in-laws then to see my Dad where we had a buffet tea and watched Paul on DVD.

Here's a card I made for my Dad, I bought the Trophy pre-cut card from Hobbycraft but tried to think outside the box so instead of using the shape just as a card blank I turned it into a Twisted Easel (sorry!!)

I had a go at making a rosette which turned out quite good for my first attempt and added some ribbon to the handles. The paper is Basic Grey Oliver with rub-ons and pearls from my stash.

I've made two more Father's Day cards - for my FIL which I forgot to photograph (oooppss!) and the other for my hubby which I'll post later in the week.

Right off to watch a bit of TV, but have to get my thinking cap on as it's Ben's 3rd Birthday on the 28th and need to make a card for that. I want to include his age and 'Son' on it somewhere and as I mentioned earlier he's into superhero's at the mo, I think I might have to break open TGF's Amazing Duo again!

Enjoy the rest of your evening

x

Oh I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges :





3 comments:

Lynne in NI said...

Oh what a fab easel card, and great job with your rosette too! Bet your Dad loved it! Thanks for playing along with Dream Valley Challenges.

Sonia said...

Fantastic Easel Card!
Thanks for joining us at ALPHABET CHALLENGE Blog.
-Sony
Sonia-Studio60

Crafted by Carly said...

Hi Rebecca,
I've only just discovered your little corner of the blogosphere, but I'm pleased I did! You have made some fantastic cards!!! I love this one especially - what a super idea for a Father's Day card!!!
Carly
x